Legalization and Apostille

Dr. Bátki Pál attorney
Dr. Bátki Pál ügyvéd

Legalization or Apostille in Hungary

Should you use a document issued by foreign countries and/or authorities in Hungary? The documents (such as birth certificates, marriage certificates etc.) shall be apostilled or legalized.

What does Apostille mean?

The Apostille Convention is an international treaty. It has been drafted by the Hague Conference. It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. With respect to countries which are members of the Hague Convention the competent authority issues the Apostille certificate. After the Apostille certificate is done, the document which had been apostilled can be used in each and every memberstate of the Convention without any further legalisation.

What does Legalization mean?

Upon the country which issued the document has not joined the Apostille Convention the consular affair carries out the diplomatic legalisation of the documents. In this case, following the legalisation at the competent Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the documents shall be further legalised by the accredited mission of the target country where the document will be used.

How we can help you with Legalization in Hungary?

Upon you have a document which shall be used in Hungary and your state is not a member of the Apostille Convention we are ready to help you. Our experience expands to legalization of foreign documents to be used in Hungary and legalization of Hungarian documents to be used in a country which is not a member of the Apostille Convention.

State parties to the Appostille Convention are listed here

Informations about Appostille and Legalization in Hungarian: at this link 

Read my blog here

Migration and Immigration Lawyer, Hungary: Dr. Hanna Bátki


Kérdése van?

Keressen bátran.